Wedding Anniversary gemstones
Wedding Anniversary gemstones.
Andrew and I will be celebrating our tenth anniversary in September and it got me thinking what lovely gift I could expect from my loving husband.
We have all heard of or read about the wedding anniversary meanings at some point in our lives.
You know what I am talking about?
So, lucky me, it’s tin.
Eh, I don’t think so.
One – Paper
Two – Cotton
Three – Leather
Ten – Tin
Twenty-five – Silver
Thirty – Pearl
Forty – Ruby
Fifty – Gold
Sixty – Diamond
Seventy – Platinum
Eighty – Oak!!!!
Poor eighty, you are together or put up with each other for so long and all you get is a bit of wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!
However, did you know they are now at least two alternatives?
Modern – Ten is diamond. Oh, better, thank you very much
Guess, which one I like the sound of?
No, contest really.
So, without further ado here it is,
- Any gem set in Gold. Alternative: Peridot
- Pearl. Alternative; Jade
- Blue Topaz. Alternative; Blue Zircon
- Sapphire. Alternative; Pink Tourmaline
- Amethyst. Alternative; Tourmaline
- Onyx. Alternative; Yellow Sapphire, Golden Beryl.
- Tourmaline. Alternative; Tanzanite.
- Lapis Lazuli. Alternative; Amethyst, Green Spinel.
- Diamond. Alternative; Blue Sapphire.
- Turquoise. Alternative; Citrine, Yellow Sapphire.
- Jade. Alternative; Opal.
- Citrine. Alternative; Moonstone, Hawk’s Eye.
- Opal. Alternative; Agate, Bloodstone.
- Ruby. Alternative; Rhodolite Garnet, Alexandrite.
- Peridot. Alternative; Imperial Topaz, Red Spinel.
- Amethyst. Alternative; Cornelian.
- Garnet. Alternative Chrysoberyl, Cat’s Eye.
- Aquamarine. Alternative; Almondine Garnet.
- Emerald. Alternative; Yellow or Golden Diamond.
- Imperial Topaz.
- Any gem set in Silver. Alternative; Tsavorite Garnet, Green Garnet
- Coral. Alternative; Emerald
- Alexandrite. Alternative; Sapphire
- Any gem set in Gold. Alternative; Imperial or Golden Topaz.
- Alexandrite. Alternative; Emerald.
- Diamond. Alternative; Star Ruby
- Diamond, what again!
- Ruby. At least it is better than Oak!!!!
I don’t know about you, ladies, but I prefer the gemstones list to the traditional one.
Lovely thought, however not likely.
And husbands, please accept my apologies if this causes you any grief from your wives. Oops, sorry.